Ok, so let me just go ahead and say, I am not a huge fan of Ed Sheeran. I don’t hate the guy, but I don’t fangirl freak out over him like it seems the rest of the world is doing. I mean, hell, for the longest time I didn’t even know what the guy sang. All I knew was that he was a ginger (I approve. Yeah, I’m biased. Aren’t all redheads?), and that he had completely taken over the singer/songwriter section of iTunes. Which I did not appreciate. I cannot discover new singer/songwriters via iTunes if literally 96% of the chart spots are Ed motherfreakin Sheeran.
That being said, Pandora tends to know what I want/need to listen to better than I do. So naturally, it forced me to listen to the ginger. And then I realized he sang The a Team….why did I not know this?! How?! And can I just say…I am getting dangerously close to loving him. I don’t know why. I don’t know how. I’m just gonna let it happen. Don’t, Everything I Am, and Thinking Out Loud are like doing drugs. I don’t want to like them…but I do.
Does that ever bother you? Do you ever like a song or an artist that is so popular you swore to yourself that they signed a deal with the devil, and you would just not support that kind of behavior! lol Like One Direction??? UGH!! I love them! And I am not supposed to!! lol Boy bands are bad, right?!? Wrong. Boy bands are amazing!! We just don’t like to admit it!! And I’ll admit it. I dance around like a 12 year old pre-pubescent child to some One Direction. I’m not ashamed. Their pop happiness is infectious. I can’t help it.
So, sweet readers, here is today’s must-play, “I will be heard whether you like it or not” playlist. Some of them are terrible, and I love them. And some of them are classics, and everyone loves them. They are in no particular order.
- Stockholm Syndrome – One Direction
- Happy Together – Filter
- Everything You Are – Ed Sheeran
- Blank Space – T Swizz (Another one I despised. Then 1989 came along and on the fan wagon I was forced! lol)
- Style – T Swizz
- Something in the Water – Carrie Underwood
- Heart Like Yours – Willamette Stone, If I Stay Soundtrack (also a must see movie)
- Stay With Me – Sam Smith
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson (just go ahead and put it on repeat)
- Steal My Girl – One Direction
- Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd
- Shotgun Rider – Tim McGraw
- Change the World – Eric Clapton (aka The Man)
- I miss you – Blink182 (also on repeat)
- Stay Together for the Kids – Blink182
- Almost Lover – Jasmine Thompson
- Dracula – Bea Miller
- Dear Marie – John Mayer
- The Monster – Eminem
- In Your Atmosphere – John Mayer
- Stop This Train – John Mayer
- Comes and Goes in Waves – Greg Laswell
- And any Pandora station associated with these fine individuals!
Stay weird, y’all XOXO ❤